1. Your home is a valuable asset and that is why we start off by using sheets of plywood to protect your home from any debris splashes. If necessary we are equipped to set up scaffolding as well.
2. We completely strip your roofing all the way down to the root.
3. Now that your roofing is stripped down to the bare wood we apply a 1/2 inch insulation board. Next, we add a layer of fiberglass base sheet. These are both locked into place using plates and screws or nails.
4. Next up in the roofing sandwich is the installation of SBS cold apply rubber roofing. It's installed using Trawl grade adhesive.
5. We move on to secure the roofing to the wall using an aluminum termination bar, flashing cement and roof membrane. Ceramic granules are use to cover this layer to protect the cement from the sun and allow the roofing material to last for a long time.
6. State laws usually require flat roofing to have a working latch. This is why we build new hatch covers and we cover these covers with a special galvanized metal skin.
7. If any skylights need repair or replacement they will be addressed at this point.
8. A flange gutter is required for the flat roof application. This is the point where we install the gutter.
9. Wall scuppers are installed onto copper or aluminum.
10. Finally we remove all the debris from the site so that you can enjoy the new flat roof.
Royal Renovators Inc. 118-35 Queens Blvd Forest Hills, NY 11375 (718) 414-6067 www.nycrenovators.com
Royal Renovators Inc. is a Featured Queens Ledger Roofer & Exterior contractor.